Ideas for learning at home!
All of my students in 1st through 5th grade have accounts on XtraMath and Freckle. Please use the links below and let me know if you need help logging in!
Operation refers to multiplication/division/subtraction/addition
Find ways to use math around the house!
- Make a list of 2D and 3D shapes around your house
- Find a recipe and double the ingredients
- Collect household objects and act out your own math story problems
- Grab a measuring tape and practice measuring items to the nearest whole, half and quarter inch
- Clean out your desk or car and collect the coins, count them and see who has the most
Play a game!
- Make math vocabulary cards and play math vocabulary memory
- Play a game of math Jeopardy with the whole family
- Play a family board game where counting, money and/or problem solving is involved
- Have a math race, create problems and see who solves it first
- Create a survey to give your family and graph your results
- Apples to Apples, Scrabble/Scrabble Jr., 20 Questions, Boggle are all great games that build language
- Use sidewalk chalk and practice math outside
- Gather art supplies and make your own creative flash cards (you could use any operation your child is currently working on)
- Write and solve your own math problems (could be one or multi-step problems with varied operations)
- Write a song or rap explaining the order of operations, how to classify shapes, or operation steps
- Use sand, pudding, shaving cream etc. and write your numbers or facts in it
- Make your own 120 grid using rainbow colors
Get online and practice math skills!
- Envision- link on Bethke homepage under Student Links
- Khan Academy math lessons by standard
- http://interactivesites.weebly.com/multiplication.html collection of multiplication games
- https://www.education.com/games/math/CCSS/ variety of games by grade
- https://www.splashlearn.com/math-skills/math-facts variety of games by grade
- https://www.mathgames.com/ variety of games by grade
- https://www.softschools.com/math/games/ variety of games by grade
- https://www.mathplayground.com/mathvideos.html math lesson videos by concept
- https://www.commoncoresheets.com/ math printables by standard
- https://www.math-drills.com/baseten.php math printables by standard
- https://dc.mypearsonsupport.com/practice-tests/math/ CMAS practice tests
- https://sso.prodigygame.com/login#classes Prodigy, math games and lessons